The Gallery of Artists is one of the historical exhibition venues for contemporary art in Munich. In 1900 Prinzregent Luitpold handed the rooms over to the “Royal privileged Artists”, who were succeeded in 1947 by the Berufsverband Bildender Künstler (BBK).
Current positions in the visual arts from Munich and Upper Bavaria are shown, which often also present international guests or exchange programmes. With the support of the Free State of Bavaria, the BBK also supports artists at the beginning of their professional careers through three annual exhibition series. (“Debutants”, “The First Years of Professionalism” and “Art Prizes”)
The gallery, which is run by artists, thus forms the historical interface between artists, public funding and exhibitions.